SOS Online Backup Review
Company: SOS Online Backup
Service: Online Cloud Backup
Today, laptops and tablets have pretty much replaced the pen and pad. People take them along wherever they go to efficiently complete tasks wherever they may be. However, in order to use laptops and other smart devices, you need access to your documents. SOS Online Backup gives you this access from anywhere you have an internet connection. But, more than that, the company provides you with storage space to overcome the limited amount of hard drive space on your laptop, or to preserve the space you do have.
SOS Online Backup provides home, business and server solutions for a multitude of clients from around the globe. The company was founded in 2001 and has continued to be an industry leader in innovation, excellent service and customer support. This is demonstrated by the numerous awards and recognitions the company has received over the years. They have grown into one of the largest online backup service providers around.
SOS is filled with fabulous features, reliable customer support and a system that is easily navigable by anyone. The prices are amongst the lowest in the business when you consider that the service can be used on an unlimited number of computers.
The features of SOS Online Backup make the company stand out from the rest. You get:
• Super fast upload speeds – the speed depends on your internet connection, but on the SOS side of things, it is one of the fastest in the industry.
• Unlimited versioning – unlimited versions of your files are archived with an unlimited time line for recovery, which means you will never lose any files. Unlike the majority of backup service providers, SOS will let you access your older files for as long as your account is in good standing. You are not limited to 30 or 45 days.
- Private encryption – no one else can access your files or your account.
- Military grade security – the highest industry standard.
- Social Media data protection – you can backup your Facebook page.
- File sharing capabilities – share your files on Facebook if you like.
- The ability to backup multiple computers – home users can backup up to 5 computers.
SOS subscribers can backup up to five computers, as long as they stay within their storage limit. This removes the need to get a separate account for each of your computers. Protecting social media files is a unique feature provided by SOS. So, even if your social media account is hacked, your precious photos, videos, music and contacts will be safe and sound in the cloud.
Security is a very important consideration when selecting an online data storage service provider. No one wants their sensitive files exposed or exploited. SOS uses the highest level of military grade security set up as a three-tiered system to protect data redundantly at various points of the backup process. But, that’s not all. SOS goes the extra mile by employing the additional encryption protection of Ultrasafe, which means your data is also protected by a password you select. These extra security measures have earned the company rave reviews from from tech publications around the world.
Plans and Pricing
The flexible plans and pricing allow you to choose the amount of space that is right for you, so you only pay for what you need. Plans of 50 GB to 150 GB range in price from about $80 to $150 per year. If you subscribe for 3 years at a time, the price lowers.
Subscribers to the business plan can get 250 GB to 500 GB for about $500 to $1500 for several years of SOS Online Backup service. This may seem expensive, but think about what it would cost if you lost your valuable business documents or customer information. That could cost you several thousands of dollars, or ruin your business entirely.
Easy to Use
No body likes to spend days or weeks learning how to use a new program. We want everything to be easy and straightforward, and that is exactly what SOS Online Backup provides. The fool-proof control panel allows you navigation the system with ease. The installation and set up takes just a few minutes and the simple interface is sleek and easy to understand. The home version also includes a series of video tutorials to help even the most novice user get started quickly and easily. The control panel gives you up to date stats of the amount of space you have used and how much you have left.
SOS Online Backup can be used on a wide array of platforms including PC desktop computers, Mac computers, laptops, iPads, iPhones and Android devices.
As easy to use as the system is, there may be times when customers need to contact customer service. SOS provides several methods you can choose:
- Live chat help – support specialists are available around the clock Mondays to Fridays to assist you with any concern you may have.
- Search-able knowledge base – search through the extensive knowledge base for answers to the most common questions users ask about how the service works and any issues that may arise.
- Submit a support ticket – support tickets are answered quickly and accurately.
- Free webinars – SOS sponsors webinars where you can mingle with experienced SOS technicians.
- Social media – you can check out SOS experts on Twitter or Facebook and ask questions or to learn more about the company.
SOS Online Backup is a great service for a great price, which is exactly what customers want. The company continually strives to deliver the best features to help individuals and businesses protect all of their data safely and securely. Not only does SOS Online Backup backup the data of up to five devices for one price, but they will store your valuable data longer than any other backup service providers. Add in the excellent customer service and ease of use, and it is easy to see why so many people choose SOS for all of their backup needs.
For further information, visit SOSOnlineBackup.com.
|Value for Money||Not Rated|
|Customer Support||Not Rated|
|Ease of Use||Not Rated|