MyPCBackup vs DropBox
Competition is fierce between online back up service providers. Every one wants to win the ultimate prize – more customers. DropBox has become a widely known company, with millions of users, but they are not the only choice when it comes to online storage solutions. MyPCBackup is creating quite a stir, establishing itself as a prominent contender. Who will win the battle between MyPCBackup vs DropBox? Let’s have a closer look and see.
Features of MyPCBackup
- Compatibility – The system is compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7. You can access your data from anywhere you have an internet connection by using the interactive web-based control panel on desktops, laptops, tablets and smart phones. This completely eliminates the need for flash drives or other portable storage devices.
- Sharing files – You can invite anyone to view your files by sending them a special link or by sharing directly through email, or on Facebook or Twitter.
- Versioning – When a file changes, the older version is kept just in case – you never know when you might have to refer back to it for whatever reason.
- Syncing files – Files are synced and backed up automatically in the background so you never have to worry about whether or not you remembered to perform a backup.
- PC locator – This unique feature helps you locate your computer in case it is ever lost or stolen. If your computer is irretrievable, you can erase all of the data it contains. As your data is stored online, you won’t lose a thing. You simply restore the data onto your new computer with every file completely intact.
Features of Dropbox
- Compatibility – You can use Dropbox from anywhere on your Blackberry, iOS, and Android device, or with computers using Windows, Mac OS X or Linux.
- Sharing – Sharing is simple. Files can be shared with anyone, even people not set up with a DropBox account.
- Easy access – Files can be accessed from anywhere, even without an internet connection.
- Versioning – Older file versions of your files will be saved for up to 30 days. This is handy in case you accidentally delete or lose a file that hasn’t been backed up.
- Syncing files – Files can be synced across any device you choose.
- File search – Easily find the file you want with the file search feature.
Security is the most important feature these days. MyPCBackup understands these concerns and takes security very seriously. That is why they use 256 bit SSL to keep all data constantly encrypted. Through every stage of the file transfer process, your files are extremely secure. The physical data storage centers are state of the art facilities which are monitored around the clock.
Dropbox uses bank-level security for storage and file transfers, but if someone knows your username and password, they will have complete access to your account.
Plans and Prices
Unlimited storage space for only $4.49 per month, when you apply the special 35% discount offered to every new user. Join for free and start backing your files immediately, and then sign up officially if you feel this is the right online service provider for your needs.
- 2 GB of free storage space.
- Pro – 100 GB, 200 GB or 500 GB starting at $9.99 per month.
- Teams – plans start with 1 TB of storage for 5 users and include centralized billing and administrative tools.
MyPCBackup provides a complete FAQ section which addresses any question that may arise. For more support, you can browse the community forum, communicate with others users, learn about tips and tricks and get help with certain issues or problems you may be experiencing. Becoming familiar with how the system works is easy with the video tutorials. For additional help you contact support via email. An additional feature you don’t find with too many online storage service providers is the speed test. Quickly check to see how long a backup will take.
DropBox customer service is mostly limited to self help. They offer a comprehensive knowledge base, community forums and video tutorials. If you do want to contact the company, you can send an email, but there is no live chat help or phone support.
The 2 GB of free storage space offered by DropBox is a great way to try the service to see if it is right for you. But, you may soon realize you have to upgrade to the lowest priced plan for $9.99. The unlimited space you get with MyPCBackup for only $4.49 per month is a much better deal! Space limitations are stressful because you have to constantly keep an eye on how much you have used. Many times you have to delete certain files to make room for new ones. This is only one feature that really stands out, among many, but it’s a biggie, so we declare MyPCBackup the winner!